How To Become A Real Estate Agent In Your State
Real estate license requirements vary from state to state. Here are the general real estate license requirements that apply to all:
- All states require a high school diploma or G.E.D equivalent.
- All states require U.S citizenship and proof of state-specific residency.
- All states require up to date forms of government-approved I.D . Anything expired will NOT be accepted at the test-taking site.
- Many states require a background check or submission of fingerprints. Normally if a background check is required so is the submission of fingerprints although they are usually handled at the same time and do not require additional steps.
- Some but not all states require proof of errors and omissions insurance.
- Must complete required state approved pre-licensing courses.
- Must pass state administered real estate exam.
- Must pay state mandated real estate agent fees.
For specifics look at our full guide on Real Estate License Requirements by State.
Who Administers The Real Estate Exam
Real estate exams are administered at hundreds of locations across the United States, depending on where you live. Likely, your real estate exam will be issued by one of the following two nationwide testing organizations:
- PSI Online or AMP
You can schedule your test at one of the appropriate testing centers once you have completed your state-mandated pre-licensing and are qualified to take the exam.
Salesperson Test : Questions
- This item: PSI National Real Estate License Exam Prep: A Study Guide with 465 Test Questions and Answers Explanations by Newstone Real Estate Team Paperback $29.99Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.Get it as soon as Friday, Sep 23
- by Jack P. Friedman Ph.D. Cards $23.17Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.Get it as soon as Friday, Sep 23
Read Also: Maryland Psi Real Estate Exam
What Is On The Real Estate Exam
The real estate license exam is divided into two parts: the national and your specific state portions.
The real estate exam is mainly multiple-choice and is a mix of problem-solving, math, and vocabulary. By far, the most substantial chunk of the real estate license exam is the vocabulary.
The key concepts and words you have to study are essential for obtaining your real estate license, so you must learn and become familiarized with them. Here are what topics you are expected to know:
- Calculations for valuation, rate of return
Real Estate Exam Study Groups
Have you ever heard of Reddit? Itâs essentially a massive collection of forums where people can share news, content, and a bunch of other stuff. Well, there is a subreddit or particular section of Reddit dedicated to the real estate exam.
Click the link here or head to Reddit and search for the real estate exam to find the forum. The subreddit or forum should show up. Once youâre there, you can post any exam-related question you may have or answer other peopleâs questions too. As of writing this, it looks like they have over 2,100 members!
If youâre not into Reddit, we also have our own study group located on Facebook. You can check that out right here.
We highly encourage you to join these groups and talk to other test takers. Remember, weâre all in this together. The best way to pass is to use all the resources available to you. Sometimes people forget there are hundreds of others in the same boat. Never feel alone!
We have almost everything real estate related, and yes, that includes real estate exam prep videos. Here is a quick list we put together of some of our top real estate exam prep videos and playlists:
You May Like: How Much Eye Exam Cost
Welcome To The National Real Estate Practice Exam
This free practice exam is here to help you master the national portion of the real estate exam. Our real estate practice exam pulls from a large pool of questions, so you can expect a different study experience each time you take it.
Donât forget to read the explanations so you fully understand the question. At the very end of each exam, there is a recap of the questions you got right or wrong, which is also very helpful to look at.
We also have detailed state-specific practice exams located down below, along with an extensive math practice exam.
Keep scrolling for more! Have fun, study hard, and reach out if you have any questions,
Real Estate License Wizard Team