American National Insurance Company
Death Benefit Maximum: $250,000
Available Duration : 10, 20, 30
Additional Benefits: As with most life insurance products, the Accelerated Death Benefit Rider is available, giving access to funds should the primary insured become terminally ill.
In the first 10 years of the product chosen, the insured may elect to convert to a permanent product under the age of 55.
Other riders are also available, such as the Waiver of Premium, where a long-term disability would discontinue required premium payments.
Other Notes: While only a full application is required for many age brackets, a prescription check is required for some age groups and death benefit amounts.
Death Benefit Maximum: $350,000
Available Duration : 10, 15, 20, 30
Additional Benefits: In addition to a larger than industry average maximum amount, Assuritys product boasts several available riders, such as the Accelerated Death Benefit Rider, but also a Childrens Insurance rider. Critical Illness and Disability riders are also available.
Other Notes: Assurity has very fast underwriting times because they utilize an automated system to analyze application data, but certain applications could be held for telephone interviews or additional information.
See our full review of Assurity.
Know Your Chances Before You Apply
Getting life insurance without a long application process is appealing, but dont jump into a no-exam life insurance application without understanding your chances of getting approved. Many no-exam policies require very good or excellent health for approval. A denial goes on your insurance record and could hinder future applications.
Dont be surprised if you end up doing a more traditional application process, including a life insurance medical exam if youve had some health issues.
Best Life Insurance With No Medical Exam In Canada
Are you looking for hassle-free life insurance in Canada? Simplified life insurance is the answer. Simplified life insurance, also called no medical life insurance, is a type of life insurance that you can purchase just by filling out a standardized questionnaire. Something as important as life insurance should not be endangered by trivial complications.
You May Like: Aws Security Specialty Practice Exam
Tips For Choosing The Best Life Insurance For Seniors Without A Medical Exam
Here are a few tips to help you choose the best life insurance without a medical exam:
- Make sure you know the age restrictions for applying though many providers allow older seniors to acquire a policy, others do not.
- Determine whether you just need a final expense plan or you need a full, comprehensive whole life insurance plan to provide ample death benefits to your beneficiaries.
- Set a budget for your life insurance, as both simplified and guaranteed issue life insurance plans without medical exams tend to be far more expensive than alternative options.
- Consider how a life insurance policy will play into your overall estate-planning goals.
Nationwide Is Our Pick For The Insurer With The Best No
We recommend the best products through an independent review process, and advertisers do not influence our picks. We may receive compensation if you visit partners we recommend. Read our advertiser disclosure for more info.
No-medical-exam life insurance is any life insurance policy that doesn’t require a medical exam to qualify. This type of insurance was originally intended to simplify the approval process for individuals with pre-existing conditions and provide only a small amount of coverage. But now, many life insurance companies offer no-medical-exam policies with million-dollar death benefits and no lengthy waiting period.
To find the best no-medical-exam life insurance companies, we looked at features like customer satisfaction ratings, maximum coverage amounts, and maximum issue ages. In addition, we considered the financial strength of each provider and how many complaints they received.
Don’t Miss: Does Bcbs Cover Eye Exams
Difference Between No Exam & Traditional Life
Where no medical exam coverage differs from a standard life policy is that when you apply for no physical life insurance, instead of requiring an exam, the insurance company pulls the below reports to help decide on your approval:
- MIB – The MIB, short for Medical Information Bureau, is a non-profit group of insurance companies that share insurance data to help them with processing your insurance application. It shows information such as approvals or declines for a policy in the recent year or even medical exams you may have completed with other companies.
- Intelliscript – This company is all about your prescription drug history just think of their report as a credit report for any prescription you have filled in the past few years. This is important because even if you end up not taking a specific medication, it will go on your report if you fill the prescription. This report is used to confirm what medications you take based on how you complete the application.
- MVR – Your motor vehicle report is used as well, and its checked to make sure you dont have a risky lifestyle with things like DUIs, DWIs, or too many speeding tickets. Some companies will decline you for coverage if you dont have a current and valid drivers license this means if you currently have a suspended license, you should wait until your license is active before you apply for any type of insurance.
Is No Exam Term Life Insurance Right For You
Since the pandemic forced us all to do business without in-person events like a medical exam, there are more options available than ever before. However, without the hard data from your exam, the no medical exam term life insurance companies are taking a greater risk to insure you. Your rate will depend entirely on your health and your answers to their questions.
As with all things insurance, there is no single best term life insurance no medical exam policy for everyone. But here are a few questions to ask to help you pinpoint the right type of coverage:
- Are you relatively healthy? Qualifying for term life insurance, no medical exam, is easier for younger, healthier applicants because theyre considered a lower risk for passing prematurely.
- Do you have a clean financial and driving record? If not, any issues on your financial records or driving violations will jeopardize your eligibility for no exam term life insurance.
- Do you have a deadline for obtaining coverage? As an example, weve helped divorcing applicants comply with a court order to provide income replacement for the child of a former marriage. That’s accomplished in the form of a life insurance death benefit payout. If you need coverage fast, term life insurance with no exam is the way to go.
Recommended Reading: Pearson Vue Online Proctored Exam
What Are Other Types Of Insurance To Consider
Whether you purchase a term or whole life insurance policy, you can find various policies that may be better suited for your circumstances. For example, here are some types of policies that are perfect for people over 50:
- Survivorship Life: This is a whole life insurance policy. When older couples have a disabled child, they often worry about what will happen when theyre gone. But you can purchase this type of insurance policy to protect your child once you are both gone. The policy doesnt pay out until you have both passed. Buying this type of policy is less expensive than if you had to take out two policies for both of you.
- Convertible: With this type of insurance policy, you can start with a term policy, and when it expires, you can convert it into a whole life policy with no medical exam.
- If your goal is to provide for your family so they wont have to pay off your debts, a decreasing term life insurance policy can help. The payments start lower, but the death benefit decreases over time. This is a term insurance policy, and if you pay off your debts before you pass, you can cancel the policy.
- Annual Renewable Term: If you need a term life insurance policy for a set number of years for instance, a few years before you retire this type of term policy will automatically renew without your having to pass underwriting medical exams. But keep in mind that, although the policy renews, your premiums will increase every year.
Why Choose This Option Over Others
- Simplified life insurance does not require you to have a flawless medical history.
- This type of insurance does not require you to have an insurance history devoid of any rejections.
- Those working a high-risk job can also avail themselves of simplified life insurance.
- Those with needle phobias can easily take this option.
- Those who prefer privacy and practice a non-invasive lifestyle may opt for this insurance.
- Simplified life insurance works the best when you are facing a time constraint and need instant results without any hassle of medical exams that are required by other insurances.
You May Like: Cheap Life Insurance No Medical Exam
How Can I Reduce The Cost Of A Policy
There are factors which you have no control over, like your familys health history or if you have a pre-existing medical condition. But there are plenty of other things you can control, including eating well and not smoking. Typically, the healthier you are, the better it is for you when it comes to the cost of life insurance. Find out why its a common misunderstanding that you cant get life or health insurance cover with a and read our guide about .
Have A Plan In Case Of A Rejection
If the company rejects you for no-exam life insurance because of your health, dont give up your life insurance search. If you need life insurance, you likely have other routes.
- Be prepared to go through a more traditional underwriting process that involves a life insurance medical exam.
- Work with an experienced life insurance agent who can identify insurers known to be more friendly to your specific health conditions.
- An experienced life insurance agent can shop around your application anonymously so that you dont risk another rejection.
Looking for traditional term life insurance? See Forbes Advisors ratings of the best term life insurance.
Also Check: Best Way To Study For Texas Real Estate Exam
Pros Of No Medical Exam Life Insurance
Health Conditions Don’t Matter
Getting traditional life insurance can be expensive if you have health issues because your rates are based on your health. Depending on your health problem, life insurance without a medical exam may be cheaper than traditional life insurance. Most companies offering life insurance with no medical exam have the same rate for smokers and nonsmokers, making it even more affordable for smokers to get this type of life insurance policy.
Approvals Are Fast
With traditional life insurance, it can take weeks to get an answer regarding whether youre approved or denied coverage. With no medical life insurance, you usually get a response within 48 hours of applying. Some will even respond the same day or offer instant coverage if you have a clean driving history and no major health concerns.
The Application Process Is Non-Invasive
Medically underwritten life insurance requires invasive interviews and tests as part of the application process. You have to go over your lifestyle, hobbies and medical history in detail. You’ll also need a physical exam, including a blood draw and urine sample. When you buy life insurance with no medical exam, you may have to answer a few basic health questions, but there is no interview process or physical exam to complete.
Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance Products
Guaranteed acceptance life insurance policies are small life insurance policies with a value of under $25,000. People sell them to older people to cover final expenses like funeral costs. Life insurers issue these life policies up to age 85.
Some no-exam life insurance policies have a graded death benefit. Graded means that the full death benefit will not be paid out in the first few years unless you die from an accident.
Also Check: American Cancer Society Self Breast Exam
Instant No Medical Exam Life Insurance Quotes
Youre in the market for a no medical exam term life insurance policy but are unsure of which company to choose? No problem we got you covered.
Below is a quick comparison chart that will provide you with a list of all the best no medical exam term life insurance companies.
In addition to our quick comparison chart, we go in depth a little further about each company and the no exam coverage they can offer to you.
Shop & Compare Instantly
||Possibly, for certain health issues|
||Possibly, for certain health issues|
||Possibly, for certain health issues|
What Are The Best No Medical Exam Life Insurance Policies
Where can I find life insurance, no medical exam required? The best no-exam life insurance policies are the ones that offer the coverage amounts you need at a price you can afford. You should also look for a policy with a reputable insurance company.
Some of the best no-exam life insurance policies that offer a high death benefit include:
There are other similar companies, including Sproutt and Haven Life.
Recommended Reading: How To Cheat Online Proctored Exam
Sagicor Life Insurance Company
Available Duration : 10, 15, 20
Additional Benefits: No tele-interview required, and also a wide range of ratings available.
Most carriers do not allow several rating categories, and Sagicor even has rated policies for sub-standard approvals.
Several riders available, including Childrens Term, Accidental, and Accelerated Death Benefit.
Other Notes: One of the widest varieties of no exam life insurance options from any one carrier, with some of the best premiums on the market.
No Medical Exam Term Life Insurance
If you don’t qualify for fully underwritten life insurance but need more than $50,000 in coverage, your best option is a no medical exam term life policy. Term policies are also among the cheapest forms of no medical exam insurance. No medical exam policies offer term lengths up to 30 years and can typically be purchased up until you turn 75, though some insurers restrict term lengths based upon your age.
When shopping for simplified issue term life insurance, you should make make sure that a policy is described as “level term” or as having “guaranteed level premiums” for the term length. These phrases mean that the term life insurance quotes you receive reflect the price you’ll pay for the entire length of the policy.
Some insurers offers a product called no medical exam term insurance where quotes based upon your age group . With these products, the term length is essentially just one year and premiums increase each time you enter a new age group, meaning they become incredibly expensive over the course of 15 or 20 years.
As an example, let’s say you’re a 45-year old male and want $150,000 of coverage for 20 years. New York Life offers coverage according to your age, so you would be quoted:
Read Also: Massage Exam Practice Test Free
You Will Likely Still Need To Answer Health Questions
Even if you do not take a medical exam, most companies will ask you to fill out a health questionnaire. Some have relatively few questions, while others can be very in-depth. Its important to be honest when answering as it will ensure the best offer for premium and protect your policy and its future benefits.
Do People Over 50 Need Life Insurance
Its a misconception to think that people over 50 dont need life insurance. The truth is, there are plenty of reasons why fifty-year-oldsand those olderwill benefit from life insurance. Here are a few things to consider:
- If there are people that depend on you financially, they may struggle to make ends meet when youre gone. Without a life insurance plan in place, basic bills may go unpaid.
- Funeral expenses can easily exceed $9,000, but you dont have to saddle your loved ones with that financial burden. By purchasing life insurance, your burial costs, medical expenses, and other outstanding bills can be taken care of.
- If you plan to leave your estate to your loved ones, they may have to pay estate taxes. Not everyone can afford the taxes, and some people have to sell personal items just to pay them. But if you name them as a beneficiary in your life insurance policy, they can use the cash to pay those taxes.
- If you leave a business to your beneficiaries, having a life insurance policy is one way to ensure that they will have the funds they need to carry on the business.
Also Check: How Hard Is The Hesi Exam
John Hancock Life Insurance Review 2022
Many or all of the products featured here are from our partners who compensate us. This may influence which products we write about and where and how the product appears on a page. However, this does not influence our evaluations. Our opinions are our own. Here is a list ofour partnersandhere’s how we make money.
Bottom line: John Hancock’s health-focused approach to life insurance makes it stand out from the competition.
Policies offered:Term & permanent.
One of the 10 largest life insurance companies in the U.S., John Hancock offers a mix of term and permanent life insurance. Its unique for its wellness programs. Vitality rewards healthy behavior with Amazon.com discounts, free subscriptions and savings on fresh produce, while Aspire gives diabetics resources to lead healthier, more active lifestyles.
But it doesnt support online quotes, so youll need to contact an advisor to start the application process.
Why you can trust NerdWallet: Our writers and editors follow strict editorial guidelines to ensure the content on our site is accurate and fair, so you can make financial decisions with confidence and choose the products that work best for you. Here is a list of our partners and heres how we make money.
Long list of riders available.
Doesnt offer whole life insurance.
Generous policy limits.